With a bit of clever menu manipulation, you can finally force your Mac to show the date in your menubar using System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, open International and go to the Formats tab.
- Next to Dates, click the Customize button. Arrange your date in the format you want to appear on your menubar. Use the down arrows on each element to choose between formats. (January, Jan, 01, 1, etc.)
- Now, select the entire date format and copy it to your clipboard (Cmd+A, Cmd+C). Hit OK.
- Hit the Customize button next to Times. Choose the “Medium” format.
- Paste the date format on your clipboard next to the time format, and hit OK. You’re done!
It’s not exactly easy, but it works, so there’s now no excuse for not knowing the date.