Originally the Pinhole Parcel Project was designed to show the journey that a parcel goes through from the sender to its final destination.
Pinhole cameras were sent through the regular postal service, and along the way they recorded their journey on the photographic negative, â€œcreating highly unpredictable, abstract imageryâ€.
Now though, Mike Thompson and Jamie House want you to help them create the next round of Pinhole art with the Pinhole Litter Project.
To take part:
- Pick up a can.
- Document the place you found it, (as a digital jpeg file 72dpi and e-mail it to them) Include details of Date, Location and Country.
- Send the can in the post with return postage and your address to:
Pinhole Litter Project
1 Oxford Villas
- They will convert the can into a pinhole camera, and send it back to you.
- When you receive the camera, place the can in the original spot you found it.
- Open the black tape shutter, (donâ€™t touch camera whilst exposing) and expose for 40 secsonds in direct sunlight or 4 minutes on an overcast day or in the shade.
- Place the shutter back on, and send the camera back to them for processing of image.
It sounds like something that will definitely create a bunch of unique images, so be sure to check back with them along the way to see what the project turns into.